The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, AIIB began operations in January 2016 and has now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. AIIB introduced Asynchronous Video Interviewing in early 2020 for their Investment Analyst / Associate roles.
Key Benefits of Video Interviewing for AIIB include:
- Faster and Better shortlisting of candidates
- Fewer Panel Interviews
- More Confidence and Involvement of Hiring Managers
- Enhanced Candidate Experience
“Before, there wasn’t any way for candidates to show their personality. Now, there might be some solace in knowing they had the opportunity to show their personality instead of being dismissed at the CV stage.” – Brian Carlo Hipolito, Human Resources Officer, AIIB
Improvements over shortlisting directly from CVs
Prior to the use of Asynchronous Video Interviews, candidates were selected to attend an in-person panel interview with 5 interviewers [Hiring Department x2, External Department x2, and HR x1] on the basis of their CV.
“We no longer base everything on the CVs. Asynchronous Video Interviews give candidates the chance to better express themselves and that gives us a clearer picture as to who to engage for the next step. After watching the 42 interviews, we invited only 15 to come forward. We saved 27 panel interviews which quickly adds up man hours with five interviewers per interview.”
There are many more aspects of AIIB’s Sonru experience to be explored in the full client case study, available here.
- White Paper: A Sectoral Analysis of the Candidate Experience of Video Interviewing - October 8, 2020
- Impressive Metrics and gains to Clients’ Reputations feature heavily in Sonru Case Studies - October 1, 2020
- Remote Recruitment – a Universal Theme in the Sonru Case Study Library - September 22, 2020