BDO is the leader in advising and funding ambitious Irish businesses, helping them to grow in domestic and international markets. With offices in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and an affiliate office in Belfast, BDO employs 625 partners and staff on the island of Ireland.
When their recruitment activity increased by 14% in 2017, BDO recognised that their process would have to be optimised if such growth was to continue. Video interviewing was recommended as a way to streamline the process.
Key Learnings from BDO’s adoption of Video Interviewing include:
- Video Interviews have Replaced 1st round interviews with HR and the line managers
- Reduced the chargeable time spent on 1st round screening by 80%.
Replaced Skype for International recruitment. With over 95% of applications from overseas candidates, poor quality lines / drop-offs and limitations with respect to scheduling and the number of interviewers, made international recruitment cumbersome.
- Team buy-in. “The feedback from the team has been fantastic. Since introducing Asynchronous Video Interviewing, our Line Managers feel that the recruitment system is better aligned to their needs.” – Ann Hogan, HR Director, BDO Ireland
Video Interviewing shows the person
“Overall you get a better ‘sense’ of the person. Video Interviewing provides an opportunity to experience the candidate’s personality and see their body language. As a result, the candidates that are being shortlisted for the face-2-face interviews are of higher calibre than before.” – Ann Hogan, HR Director, BDO Ireland
Video Interviewing aligns with core business
“We have introduced Video Interviewing for all vacancies in the Irish firm. Overall it has provided better alignment with HR and the business. We selected Sonru over a number of vendors because they had a proven digital platform with Plug and Play Technology. Being able to brand our account to reflect our messaging and EVP and its integration with the Taleo ATS were also factors in our decision.” – Ann Hogan, HR Director, BDO Ireland
Video Interviewing has not only wowed BDO Ireland’s staff, but candidates have also displayed positive attitudes towards the tool, with some key highlights as follows:
- 94% of candidates would complete a Video Interview again in the future.
- 100% of candidates were satisfied with the candidate experience.
- 100% of candidates found the software easy to use.
- 93% of candidates completed their Video Interviews at home.
Interested in learning more about BDO Ireland’s experience of using Video Interviewing, and their candidates’ feelings and behaviours towards the technology? Read the full client case study, here.
Latest posts by Joy Redmond (see all)
- BDO Ireland reduces preliminary interviewing costs by 80% with Video Interviewing - August 27, 2019
- Womble Bond Dickinson: Getting to Know You with Sonru - July 4, 2019
- How to calculate the financial impact of the Candidate Experience - July 3, 2019