We are delighted to announce that another Sonru client has received a thumbs up for their pioneering use of video interviewing. BDO Ireland ‘s HR team, led by Ann Hogan, HR Director, were recognised for their innovative HR practice at the BDO International HR Conference in Frankfurt in early October.
With the theme being ‘A Great Place to Perform in the Digital Age’, BDO Ireland’s HR team demonstrated how their business is ready for the future of work. The team were acknowledged for their forward-thinking recruitment initiatives, including their video interviews, which were scored in the top three new HR initiatives across all of the 150 BDO firms worldwide. Michael Costello, Managing Partner, comments, “It was recognition of how the HR team support our business by delivering on and supporting, our local strategy.”
What a fantastic achievement for Ann and the HR team and is a reflection of the trailblazing and agile approach taken by BDO Ireland to solve issues in their own market.
The BDO Global People and Culture Conference
The BDO Global People and Culture Conference was held in Frankfurt (Germany) on 3 -5 October 2018.
The Conference agenda included the following highlights:
- The four drivers, shaping and changing the future: Reputation & Regulation, Technology, People
- Future of Work, working in a digital age
- Who is the Employee of the Future? What will be our Employer Brand?
- New pathways, from career to experience
- Leadership Development, succession management, are we ready for the future?
- The necessity of Diversity
- The predicators of success, how to use the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills data
- Use of Virtual Reality in our Selection and Development processes
More information about the event and current open opportunities in BDO is available here.
- Making the Transition to Asynchronous Video Interviews from Face-to-Face Interviews - May 26, 2020
- Better Graduate Recruitment with Video Interviewing - April 21, 2020
- Best Practice: Getting Candidates excited about Video Interviewing - April 7, 2020