For more than ten years we have been speaking and attending events around the world, and one theme that never gets old is the candidate experience.
Since 2011, we have published six volumes of our white paper on the candidate experience, another two focused purely on graduate recruitment and one regional comparison. Each time, we want to deliver something better so we’ve become bolder and braver in the questions we ask your candidates. Today’s white paper entitled ‘One Million Insights’, marks a significant milestone as it derives from the user data of over 1,000,000 interviews completed on the Sonru system along with the findings from over 154,000 respondents who volunteered to complete a survey.
One Million Insights – Key Findings:
- Video Interviewing is suitable for any recruitment campaign irrespective of age, gender, region, language, and job function.
- In terms of the benefits, ‘Flexibility’ has always come out on top. It’s not surprising given that 92% of respondents complete their video interviews from home and 57% outside of business hours.
- 94% of respondents recorded satisfaction with the candidate experience. Furthermore, we have found that information and ‘Feeling Informed’ directly affects candidate satisfaction.
- 98% of respondents find the Sonru platform easy to use.
- 80% of respondents stated that video interviewing improved their opinion of the hiring company.
“After completing the video interview I have become more impressed with how the company uses a video interview process as a way of narrowing down the applicants. It gives more people an opportunity to have an interview but it also ensures that the company is more likely to select the right people for a face-to-face interview.” – Candidate, New Zealand
“I enjoyed taking this video interview, as it allowed me to demonstrate my motivation, my skills and my experience.’” – Candidate, France
“I think the interview is a really cool way of doing this, you are much more relaxed in your home environment.’” – Candidate, U.K.
These are just a select few snippets of the captivating findings to be found in ‘One Million Insights’. If you want to read the research in full, get it here.
Latest posts by Joy Redmond (see all)
- Diversity has parents too - May 17, 2019
- Research Paper| Diversity and Inclusion review and best practice - May 14, 2019
- eBook | Video Interviewing for All Roles - April 8, 2019