The University of Liverpool is part of the Russell Group of universities – acknowledged as the UK’s leading establishments for excellence in teaching and research. Careers and Employability (C&E) at the University of Liverpool have been using asynchronous video interviewing since Spring 2015.
Over 450 interview campaigns have been conducted across almost every department in a range of formats from pitches and challenges to assessments to mock interviews (and even C&E staff recruitment). Innovation in the use of video interviewing technology is the common ground for each campaign.
Our latest case study highlights how C&E immerses Geography students in a two-year programme that comprises both formative and summative video interviews which are assessed by both faculty staff and their peers. Key Learnings from the University of Liverpool’s adoption of Video Interviewing include:
- Video interviews replace mock interviews
- Learners gain experience in peer reviewing and giving feedback
- An authentic and immersive experience
“The value of the Sonru assessment is that it replaces a mock interview and also gives the learner experience in both peer reviewing and giving feedback. We want to make the experience as immersive as possible. By using my own Video Interview, we’re clearly showing that this is the software that employers are using so the authenticity of the assessment is undisputed.” – Charlotte Ford, Career Consultant in the Faculty of Science and Engineering
Video Interviewing has not only wowed the C&E staff, but the students have also displayed positive attitudes towards the tool, with some key highlights as follows:
- 98% found the software easy to use
- 95% satisfaction with the candidate experience
- 94% said they would complete a video interview in the future.
Interested in reading the full story of how C&E used Video Interviewing? Read the full client case study, here.
- Learning from Video Interviewing clients within the Healthcare & Pharma Sector - March 31, 2020
- New to Video Interviewing? A Quick Guide to Get Started - March 19, 2020
- Video Interviewing is not just for tech-savvy candidates - February 11, 2020