Icelandair, part of the Icelandair Group, is headquartered in Reykjavík and operates scheduled services to 48 cities in 16 countries on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. The geographical position of Iceland is convenient for one-stop transatlantic flights, which are one pillar of the airline’s business strategy. Employing over 5,000 people, Icelandair Group is Iceland’s largest private employer, accounting for approximately 2.5% of the national workforce.
Prior to introducing Video Interviewing to their selection process, Icelandair spent at least 140 days of office duty on ‘Conference Halls’ that involved 25-30 staff conducting micro interviews and internal tests. Such a lengthy recruitment process meant it was difficult for interviewers to complete large volumes of interviews in a consistent and reliable manner.
Among the many benefits enjoyed by Icelandair since adopting Video Interviewing are:
- Cost savings & higher conversions
- Recruitment cycle reduced from 8 months to 2 months
- 60% more candidates seen
“While the real benefit to video interviewing was the time savings in terms of both resources and reducing our time to hire from 8 months to 2 months, we were also able to interview 60% more candidates, which means 400 more individuals got a chance to prove themselves, a substantial increase.” – Kristján Pétur Sæmundsson, Recruiting Director, Icelandair
Icelandair’s Candidate Experience: Reaching New Heights
Video Interviewing has not only opened new doors for Icelandair’s recruitment process, but candidates have also displayed positive behaviour towards the tool, with some key highlights as follows:
- 100% of Icelandair candidates surveyed found the software easy to use
- 98% of candidates were satisfied with the candidate experience
- 97% of candidates would complete a Video Interview again in the future
Interested in learning more about Icelandair’s experience of using Video Interviewing, and their candidates’ feelings and behaviours towards the technology? Read the full client case study, here.
Latest posts by Arlene Coyle (see all)
- Kickstarting your Recruitment Marketing Strategy - August 19, 2019
- Chartered Accountants ANZ: Maximising Recruitment | Client Spotlight - August 7, 2019
- Tree of Life: Nurturing Successful Recruitment | Client Spotlight - July 26, 2019