Multiplex is a global construction company that brings large-scale and complex structures to life across the entire property sector. With over 900 projects completed in operations across Europe, Canada, India, the Middle East, and Australasia, Multiplex employs almost 7,000 people and is currently working on 95 projects globally.
Prior to introducing Video Interviewing to their selection process, Multiplex’s recruitment process involved three solid days of telephone interviewing followed by six assessment centres. With Phone Interviews, Multiplex used to block out three full days during which time the entire HR and L&D team would conduct the phone interviews. According to Amelia Gregson, Internal Recruiter at Multiplex: “this was a disaster, there was no consistency to our process. We had handwritten notes which are, now, not GDPR compliant. What we ended up with was a mishmash of candidates hence the need for so many Assessment Centres.”
Among the many benefits enjoyed by Multiplex since adopting Video Interviewing are:
- Cost Savings by running 1/3 of the Assessment Centres needed previously i.e. from 6 to 2.
- Over 700 man hours saved by replacing phone interviews and reducing the number of Assessment Centres.
- Candidate Satisfaction
- Better Candidate Selection
“I am also a lot more confident that I’m putting really strong people forward for the Assessment Centres compared to phone interviews. Every single one of these candidates I feel comfortable introducing to the directors. Last year, we had too many good candidates, what a lovely position to be in. This is where my job is most highlighted, if I haven’t picked the right people, that shows I can’t do my job.” – Amelia Gregson, Internal Recruiter, Multiplex
Video Interviewing a big hit both internally and with Multiplex’s Candidates
“The feedback from the team at the last Assessment Centre was fantastic. People were saying we could have employed all of them and the general feeling is that each year our graduate selection is getting better. Sonru has completely changed the way we recruit here for graduates. If they were to say you can’t use video interviewing anymore, I’d say I can’t do graduate recruitment. Sonru saves me!” – Amelia Gregson, Internal Recruiter, Multiplex
Video Interviewing has not only wowed Multiplex’s staff, but candidates have also displayed positive behaviour towards the tool, with some key highlights as follows:
- 96% of candidates would complete a Video Interview again in the future
- 89% of candidates were satisfied with the candidate experience
- 92% of candidates completed their Video Interviews at home
Interested in learning more about Multiplex’s experience of using Video Interviewing, and their candidates’ feelings and behaviours towards the technology? Read the full client case study, here.
Latest posts by Joy Redmond (see all)
- Womble Bond Dickinson: Getting to Know You with Sonru - July 4, 2019
- How to calculate the financial impact of the Candidate Experience - July 3, 2019
- Sonru: Sponsors of Ireland South East event in the Science Gallery - June 26, 2019