If remote interviewing is top of your agenda today, this quick guide to setting up your account and inviting candidates to interview should steer you in the right direction.
What is Asynchronous or Remote Video Interviewing?
Interviews in which the interviewer and candidate are not online at the same time.
How does remote interviewing work?
- Recruiter creates an interview and sets the deadline
- Recruiter invites candidates by email
- Candidates log in and complete the interview when and where it suits before the deadline
- Recruiter shares completed video interviews with other recruiters, hiring managers and colleagues
- All parties collaborate using tagging, ratings, groups, and comments.
Setting up your Video Interviews
- Attend your online onboarding session with your Client Success Manager (CSM). They have all the insider info, best practice tips and how to engage your colleagues.
- Personalise your account ideally with premium branding to enhance your employer brand.
- Add intro videos to welcome the candidates and to outline what they can expect in the interview. The production quality doesn’t have to be cinema standard, candidates are more interested in what you have to say rather than fancy graphics in the background.
- Choose your interview questions wisely. Consider using some to test skills such as language, technical or competency? Invite your hiring managers to contribute to question design that will allow them to accurately assess candidates.
- Use the account features when reviewing answers and invite relevant colleagues to assess responses relating to the skills needed.
I hope you found this really short guide to remote interviewing useful. Our blog is teeming with articles while our Knowledge Hub presents all our white papers, case studies, and research. Get in touch to set up a call.
- Learning from Video Interviewing clients within the Healthcare & Pharma Sector - March 31, 2020
- New to Video Interviewing? A Quick Guide to Get Started - March 19, 2020
- Video Interviewing is not just for tech-savvy candidates - February 11, 2020