It’s that time of year when we reflect on the generosity of Sonru clients who have yet again proven to be our best ambassadors. So many of them generously giving their time to share their Video Interviewing stories and love of video interviewing in case studies and video spotlights. Here is just a flavour of the stories they’ve been so kind to share.
Sonru’s 2019 Case Studies
A great year for our library — 6 new client case studies:
- Hudson RPO were selected to assist a Government client in Australia with a significant business transformation project. Despite initial reluctance and apprehension toward a change of process and implementing a new tool, stakeholder feedback has been very positive, with the team finding Sonru easy to use, accessible and time saving.
- The Alice Smith School used Skype extensively prior to Sonru. After experiencing challenges with time zones and panel interviews, the institution decided to implement Sonru in an effort to streamline their recruitment process. Since introducing Sonru Video Interviewing to their process, The Alice Smith School has enjoyed numerous benefits such as better quality candidates; collaborative decision-making and tailored face-to-face interviews.
- Prior to introducing Video Interviewing, Icelandair spent at least 140 days of office duty on ‘Conference Halls’ that involved 25-30 staff. Among the many benefits since adopting Video Interviewing are cost savings and higher conversions; reducing their recruitment cycle from 8 months to 2 and being able to see 60% more candidates.
- Before Video Interviewing, Multiplex’s entire HR and L&D team had to spend three days conducting telephone interviewing and six Assessment Centres because of the inconsistency and poor preliminary selection. Since adopting Sonru, Multiplex have saved 700 man hours by replacing phone interviews and reducing the number of Assessment Centres from 6 to 2, along with high levels candidate satisfaction.
- Following a critical review, Video interviewing was recommended as a way to streamline BDO Ireland’s recruitment process. By replacing 1st round interviews with HR and the line managers, BDO Ireland have reduced the chargeable time spent on 1st round screening by 80%. Video Interviewing has also replaced Skype for International recruitment and was found to aligns with core business.
- Having switched from a previous vendor over concerns over the lack of support for candidates, Womble Bond Dickinson have been using Sonru for a number of years. Video Interviews have replaced Psychometric Tests because it allows them to ‘Get to Know the Candidate’ earlier in the process. Similarly, candidates get to know Womble Bond Dickinson’s recruiters through their use of the Media Questions functionality.
That’s only from our 2019 catalogue but we’ve been sharing our clients’ video interviewing case studies since 2010. They are all available in our case study library.
Sonru Clients on Camera
Users down under were not camera shy in 2019 with four Sonru clients going on record in the following video spotlights.
- Antonia Jennings, Talent Acquisition Head Asia-Pacific, tells us how just one business unit in Commvault enjoyed $65,000AUD savings per quarter since introducing Video Interviewing. More Hiring Manager involvement and a positive impact on employment brand were found to be secondary benefits to its adoption.
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) found Video Interviewing useful to gain a better understanding of candidates earlier in the process. This clearer understanding of Candidates has enabled more accurate placement of the students while the technology itself allowed for more efficiency in their screening time.
- Video Interviewing has meant Tree of Life no longer has to pay overtime or cover for store managers to conduct interviews during opening hours. Video Interviewing has not only delivered more consistency and better quality Candidates but also has enabled them to see people who are passionate about their brand.
- Finally, Gateway Bank found Video Interviewing useful for all role levels, from junior level to C-level recruitment. By replacing phone interviews, Sonru has not only helped with dealing with the high volume of applications but Gateway Bank also find they are meeting more suitable Candidates at Face-to-Face interviews.
If these have whet your appetite, then check out all our other video testimonials from around the globe.
Clients worldwide give a 360˚ View of Video Interviewing
2019 was also the year for our most ambitious research project to date. A comprehensive, qualitative study on the behaviours, learnings and attitudes towards Video Interviewing based on interviews with Sonru clients across the world. Check it out here.
Do you have a Video Interviewing story to tell?
Would you like to share your Video Interviewing stories perhaps in an awards submission, case study or even speak at an event? Conferences and media outlets are always on the lookout for innovative stories from in-house recruiters and HR teams. Our marketing communications team are always more than happy to help with speaking pitches, awards applications, or featured content on our website. Just ask!
Latest posts by Joy Redmond (see all)
- Round-Up of Video Interviewing Research and Publications in 2019 - December 3, 2019
- Sonru Out and About in 2019 - December 3, 2019
- Sonru Clients on the record in 2019 - December 3, 2019