Oh what a year for the Sonru roadshow. We headed east (North America), west (UK and Europe) and south (Singapore, NZ and Australia). Here’s a whistle stop tour of Sonru on the road in 2019.
Q1: Europe and Australia
- The first stop on the Sonru 2019 tour was Nordic HR Tech Days 2019 in Copenhagen, a jam-packed event with keynote speakers and track leaders discussing their own challenges and success stories when getting to grips with implementing technology in the HR process. Sonru’s Nordic Development Executive was flying the Video Interviewing flag.
- Sonru’s Ian Gallagher co-hosted the Canberra Recruitment Breakfast with Xref and DFP Recruitment and soon afterwards were invited to lunch with the Irish Ambassador at his residence where they heard how Canberra is embracing HR tech and challenging the norm.
- Next stop In-House Recruitment Expo 2019 in London. Marie O’Sullivan, Sonru’s Head of Marketing, delivered a masterclass, ‘Don’t Believe Everything You Hear…’ on how to distinguish between candidates’ constructive criticism and flattery feedback to get your recruitment process into the best shape possible.
- Meanwhile in Sydney, Andy Martin and the team at IAG hosted a Sonru workshop where they learned how Andy and early adopters like Caroline Bessemer had transformed their recruitment processes as a result of introducing HR technology.
- Team Sonru celebrated our national holiday in Sydney at the biggest St. Patrick’s Day lunch in the world hosted by the Lansdowne Club Australia with 1600 guests and many Irish companies.
- Then Minister for Business, Enterprise & Innovation, Ms. Heather Humphreys T.D. took time out of her Trade and Investment Mission to Singapore to meet and congratulate Luke Falvey, CEO Sonru APAC on Sonru’s ISO27001 Certification.
Q2: North and South
- Our first trip north in 2019 was HR Tech Montréal, North-America’s leading event for technology, current and future HR trends. With almost 30 conferences, workshops and consultations over two days, team Sonru’s francophones (Marie-Pierre et Daniel) were kept busy.
- SEAAGE’s annual conference in Singapore, which brings Early Talent professionals from around the globe. was next on the list. Sonru were the proud sponsor of the networking evening on the eve of the conference where guests had the opportunity to meet their peers.
- Sonru returned to Sydney for ATC 2019 making it their final event in Q2. With the ‘Intelligent Age’ as its theme, the event focused on Intelligent use of technology, Intelligent organisations, Intelligent questions, Intelligent relationships, and Shared intelligence.
Q3: Breakfast in Switzerland followed by lunches down under
- Our first European breakfast event took place in Geneva, Switzerland in September. Hosted at the InterContinental Geneva, attendees enjoyed gathering knowledge and advice from fellow clients as they discussed experiences of using Sonru as part of the recruitment process. I User insights and success stories were shared from Sonru clients CERN, World Economic Forum and Nestlé.
- Then it was a whistle stop tour of luncheons in Australia kindly hosted by Sonru clients – CUA in Brisbane, News Corp in Sydney and the Melbourne Convention Centre in Melbourne. Thank you all so much for your time and generosity.
Q4: Let the Great World Spin
- Q4 was off to a flying start at HRTech Las Vegas, where team Sonru were at hand to answer all things video interviewing.
- Back east we set up camp at Unleash in Paris. Over the past 4 years of sponsoring UNLEASH World, we’ve met with some wonderful organisations striving to make meaningful changes within their HR function, as well as learning valuable insights from countless incredible keynote speakers such as Sir Richard Branson, Josh Bersin and Arianna Huffington.
- Back to the Southern Hemisphere where team Sonru manned a stand at the New Zealand Association of Graduate Employers
NZAGE Summit 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand and a week later sponsored the AAGE Conference 2019 in Sydney.
- Back home, Sonru’s final event of 2019 was a breakfast event kindly hosted by our friends in BDO Ireland in their beautiful glass conference hall overlooking Dublin city. BDO Ireland shared their Sonru story along with Version 1 and Tourism Ireland.
Would you like co-host a HR community event?
As you can see above, we co-host a number of HR community events —breakfasts and lunches — with our clients. Would you be interested in working with us on a communitu event? We’re all ears, so please get in touch.
Is there a new HR Tech event worth visiting?
At Sonru, we like to keep an eye out and test new events and productions. Was there a new event you attended this year that is a ‘simply must go’ for 2020? Please let us know.