Tourism Ireland is responsible for marketing the island of Ireland overseas as a holiday and business destination. Tourism Ireland employs approximately 165 people in key markets around the world, including Great Britain, the USA and Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, the Middle East and Australia.
Key Benefits of Video Interviewing for Tourism Ireland include:
- Video Interviews have Reduced the need for International Travel.
- Time to Hire has been halved.
- Enabled Smarter Recruitment by providing candidates with the questions in advance.
- Video Interviewing allowed greater Team Buy-in and Engagement.
- Is very useful for Skills Assessment.
“We are more efficient in our recruitment process [with Sonru]. Recruitment time has been cut in half and the line managers feel very much part of the process. Line managers no longer feel that they are curtailed in how many candidates they can meet initially, and they are now not spending 2 days interviewing candidates.” – Jennie Devlin, HR Manager, Tourism Ireland.
Video Interviewing Invaluable for Internal Recruitment
Tourism Ireland find video interviewing particularly useful for internal recruitment as it removes that sense of entitlement among certain internal candidates who assume they will be automatically progressed to final interviews.
“With Sonru, the candidates realise a lot of work and preparation needs to go into applying for the role so they get to ask themselves if they really want the promotion or move. They also see they have to go through the same process as external candidates to get to final interview stage.” – Vivienne Horkan, Head of Human Resources, Tourism Ireland
Interested in learning more about Tourism Ireland’s experience of using Video Interviewing, and their candidates’ feelings and behaviours towards the technology? Read the full client case study, here.
Latest posts by Joy Redmond (see all)
- Recruitment Process Reinvention at Tourism Ireland - January 13, 2020
- Careers and Employability Innovation through Video Interviewing at the University of Liverpool - January 6, 2020
- A Decade of Disruption from a HR/recruitment perspective - December 10, 2019